|Visitsouthernscotland.co.uk 73 Main Street, Dalry, Castle Douglas, Scotland, DG7 3UP, GB |
| || |
From 1861 Castle Kennedy developed in association with the Portpatrick Railway.
The village of Castle Kennedy takes its name from a castle built in 1607 by the 5th Earl of Cassilis. Fine landscaped policies, which incorporated the two lochs, were later laid out by the Earl of Stair and the castle was eventually destroyed during the 1715 Jacobite Rising.
The Southern Upland Way runs through Castle Kennedy which is an accommodation location for the route.
To find out more about the Southern Upland Way visit:
|Copyright © 2016 Visitsouthernscotland.co.uk||73 Main Street, Dalry, Castle Douglas, Scotland, DG7 3UP, GB DG7 3UP||Web design by Tourism Doctor|